This post may contain sponsored or affiliate links.
Check out this PRIME EXCLUSIVE: From 10/06/19 through 10/12/19 (while supplies last), save 50% on select Echo Dots. And as always, Prime members get free shipping from Woot! These are GREAT to give as gifts or to have around the house. We use ours for music, or to intercom to the upstairs so I don’t have to yell! It will ship FREE!
Here are the details…
Our most popular Echo is now even better. With a new speaker and design, Echo Dot is a voice-controlled smart speaker with Alexa, perfect for any room. Just ask for music, news, information, and more. You can also call almost anyone and control compatible smart home devices with your voice.
- Our most popular smart speaker – Now with a fabric design and improved speaker for richer and louder sound.
- Pair with existing devices for bigger sound – For rich stereo audio, pair with a second Echo Dot (3rd Gen). Or, connect to your own speakers via Bluetooth or 3.5 mm audio cable.
- “Alexa, play music everywhere” – Just ask Alexa to stream songs from Amazon Music, Apple Music, Spotify, Sirius XM, and others. Play the same song throughout your home with compatible Echo devices in different rooms.
- Access Alexa all over the house – Ask Alexa to play music, answer questions, read the news, check the weather, and set alarms from Echo devices in any room.
- Connect with friends and family – Call almost anyone on compatible Echo device hands-free. Instantly drop in on a compatible Echo device. Or make an announcement to devices throughout the house.
- Voice control your whole home – Turn on lights, adjust thermostats, view cameras, and lock doors with compatible smart devices.
- Do more with Alexa skills – With 50,000+ skills, Alexa is always getting smarter and can help you do things like track your fitness, play games, and listen to podcasts.
“Alexa, Play Top Hits”
Use your voice to play a song, artist, or genre through Amazon Music, Apple Music, Spotify, Pandora, and others. With compatible Echo devices in different rooms, you can fill your whole home with music. Also listen to Audible, podcasts, radio stations, or pair with Fire TV to voice control movies and entertainment.
Always Ready to Help
Make your life easier at home. Use your voice to set timers, add items to lists, and create calendar events and reminders. You can also check the news, weather, or traffic. Ask for sports scores, movie showtimes, restaurant hours, or information.
Voice Control Your Smart Home
Switch on the lamp before getting out of bed, turn on the coffee maker on your way to the kitchen, or dim the lights from the couch to watch a movie—all without lifting a finger.
Control multiple devices with a single voice command, like locking the doors and turning off the lights at night. Learn more about over 10,000 compatible smart home devices, including lights, thermostats, TVs, and more.
You can also enable Alexa Guard to get Smart Alerts if your Echo device detects the sound of smoke alarms, carbon monoxide alarms, or glass breaking. Learn more about how Guard can help you keep your home safe when you’re away.
Connect with Others
Call almost anyone hands-free using your voice. Use Drop In to instantly connect to another compatible Echo at home or send an announcement across Echo devices, like calling the family for dinner or reminding the kids to go to bed. Plus, now with Skype calling stay in touch with friends and family in over 150 countries.
Alexa Has Skills
Alexa has more than 50,000 skills and counting. Skills are like apps and help you do more such as playing Jeopardy!, meditating with Headspace, and falling asleep to rain sounds. Create your own personal skills and custom responses with Alexa Skill Blueprints. Just say “Alexa, help me get started with skills.”
New skills are being added all the time. Discover them in the skills section of the Alexa app or visit the skills store.
Alexa for Kids
Make your Echo, Echo Dot, or Echo Plus just for kids at no extra charge by enabling Amazon FreeTime in the Alexa app. Automatically filter explicit songs, add approved contacts, set time limits, or review activity with easy-to-use parental controls in the Amazon Parent Dashboard.
With an Amazon FreeTime Unlimited subscription (starting at $2.99 per month), your kids can access over 1,000 Audible books, premium kids skills from brands like Disney and Nickelodeon, ad-free radio stations and playlists, and more.
Get yours here!