This post may contain sponsored or affiliate links.
Winn-Dixie has officially reopened three newly remodeled stores in Louisiana in response to customers who asked for an improved shopping experience. As part of the grand opening, and to officially reintroduce the community to the new and improved Northshore stores, the Winn-Dixie locations hosted ribbon cutting ceremonies on Saturday, Sept. 8. The remodeled store locations are:
Store 1443 – 70431 Hwy 21, Covington, LA 70433
Store 1448 – 2100 Collins Blvd, Covington, LA 70433
Store 1500 – 4100 Hwy 59, Mandeville, LA 70471
The new and improved Hwy 59 Winn-Dixie is open from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m. The Hwy 21 Winn-Dixie is open from 6 a.m. to 11 p.m. and the Collins Blvd Winn-Dixie Is open from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. All locations are open seven days a week
Here are some of the things that you will notice when you visit the newly redesigned stores
• New façade signage and a fresh, contemporary color palate and modern store signage inside
• Newly updated farm-fresh produce department with an expanded selection of fruits and vegetables, including organic varieties.
• Improved deli with expanded grab and go meal options for added convenience.
• Wide assortment of easy lunch and dinner options, including a hot bar with rotisserie chicken, wing bar with an assortment of flavor varieties, Smokehouse BBQ and ready-made salads are available on the go.
• Expanded bakery department with new selections, displays and fresh bread daily.
• New SE Grocers Naturally Better product selection, offering a large variety of gluten free, organic and natural products.
• Expanded beer selections including craft beer and a variety of fine wine selections.
• Full-service meat department with a butcher on-site to make fresh cuts of meat by request.
• Updated seafood department with new expanded seafood varieties including fresh, whole fish and the option to select a convenient “Seafood Made Easy” meal to cut down on cooking time at home.
• New Health and Beauty section with expanded offerings.
• Expanded grocery aisles with additional products and assortments.
• Updated floral department with a fresh, new look and a wide variety of new products arriving daily.
• Continued commitment to fresh quality and outstanding service
Now, I told you about this last week, but for those of you who were not able to join us, let me tell you what all you missed!
The Parish President’s Office was on hand to declare Saturday, September 8 WINN DIXIE DAY. There were several higher ups from Winn Dixie’s corporate offices in attendance to celebrate the new stores and this great community event.
The Mande Milkshakers were there to perform. But, then they led a raucous 2nd line through the aisles of Winn Dixie. The poor unsuspecting shoppers couldn’t help but smile as the polka dot clad ladies were shaking things up with a live brass band right through the produce section, y’all!
Two fabulous bands entertained us under the huge tents in the parking lot. The River City Hit Squad kicked things off early in the day. While the took a break, Amanda Shaw gave us some true cajun music complete with her fiddle!
Several local brands were out with free samples. We tasted jambalaya, coffee, chicken wings, root beer floats, hot dogs, CAKES and so much more! As the Regional VP said in my interview with him, “…if you left hungry, it was your own fault!”.
The Mayor of Covington was there, and he participated in what must have been (up to that point) the longest JENGA game in the history of mankind! See, there were several giant JENGA games going on as part of a tournament for charity. Our friends from Northshore Families Helping Families got pitted against sweet little Amanda Shaw and her guitarist. NFHF finally headed to the finals when the tower toppled as Amanda ran out of blocks to move.
NFHF then took on a pair of siblings from Mandeville. These “walk-on” competitors showed up and asked if they could play. They didn’t have a charity, so they were named representatives of their respective schools. Fontainbleu Jr High and Fontainbleu High School. They played against each other in the first round. After that, they teamed up and climbed the bracket to meet NFHF in the final heat. With a top heavy tower and an afternoon wind starting to blow, the teens were up when the blocks came tumbling down. Northshore Families Helping Families took home $2500 from Winn Dixie to further their efforts in helping special families in our area! Congrats to Katie and the NFHF gang!
Victoria and I were there, with our kids. We saw lots of friends and acquaintances that we have met through this blog. I also noticed lots of chatter last night on Facebook from friends who I didn’t even know were there! This was a great party and I am so sad for those of you who missed it! It was a great day for the Northshore and a fun event for the entire family!
Thank you to Winn Dixie for inviting us! We had a blast!
So, if you like to shop at Target, and have not gotten a REDCard yet, I URGE you to do so. You’re missing out on another layer of savings, Free Shipping and extended return periods! It’s totally FREE and can be a debit card. You don’t have to have a credit card at Target! Click the box below to get yours and start saving more now!