Back in late February, I told you about an online savings account that you could open WITH NO FEES FOR ANYTHING. In fact, if you opened it and made 3 transactions within 45 days, they would deposit $50 into your account on the 50th day! Guess what?? My 50th day came and I GOT THE FIFTY DOLLAS!!!! (Below is my actual transaction on the App). BUT!!! They have a special promo going on for Independence Day. You can do this same thing and get $76 smackers with just 5 transactions! PLUS, if you decide to switch over to ING as your primary account and set up a direct deposit and have two Direct Deposits of at least $250 post to your Electric Orange by August 31, you will get ANOTHER $76 bucks added to your account before September 10! That’s $152!! What are you waiting for? That’s free money for Christmas, back to school, vacation, WHATEVER!
Now, to recap, here is what you need to do to get the $152:
How it works
- Click Here to an Open Electric Orange between June 30th – July 3rd and get:
- A $76 bonus – Make a total of 5 purchases (of any amount!!) using your Electric Orange Card or Person2Person Payments (or any combination of the two) within 45 days.
- Card purchases can be either signature or PIN-based.
- This bonus will be deposited into your new Electric Orange by August 22nd.
- $76 more for switching – Set up Direct Deposit and have two Direct Deposits of at least $250 post to your Electric Orange by August 31st.
- Your other $76 bonus for setting up Direct Deposit will be automatically deposited by September 10th.
- Bonuses are only available for new Electric Orange checking.
I will re-post the article for you below in case you want to give it a try now that you know it is legit! I am guessing that if you are following my blog to learn about saving money, then you could certainly use
50 152 smackers from nowhere! Just read below for my original post about this account:
How would you like to make an easy $50? ING is offering a $50 bonus when you open an Electric Orange checking account. They also offer other accounts, like Kids’ Savings and Orange Savings. Click either of those links to check them out. To get the Electric Orange Account and earn the $50, see below for step by step instructions:
- Go here and click on Apply Now
- Open an ING Direct Electric Orange Account. There is no minimum to open the account but you want to put in at least a few dollars so you can make some purchases. I put $25.
- You will need to make a total of 3 debit card purchases or Person2Person Payments (or any combo of the two) within 45 days of account opening
- Your $50 bonus will be deposited on day 50 and ready to withdraw!
That’s an easy $50 !!
Now, I can give a little testimonial about this account myself. I opened the account late last month. I put $25 in it and then only had to wait for my Electric Orange MasterCard debit card to come in the mail (about a week later) before I could make three small purchases with my debit card. That same money from my general checking account, that I used to buy things that I buy anyway (my Sunday papers) met the qualifications for my $50 bonus. Also, to make sure that I understood everything, I called customer service and very quickly had a nice young man who spoke unbroken English to assist me. He explained that just three uses of the debit card were the only requirements for my $50 bucks! So, now, I am just awaiting it to be deposited into my account on day 50.
This bank is an FDIC member and (sadly) was recently purchased by CapitalOne. However, if you look at their Facebook page, the customers are extremely satisfied with what ING has to offer. ING is re-assuring customers that this won’t change even though they have been merged with CapitalOne. There are no fees involved with this account and you have access to an overdraft protection fund AT NO FEE! Below is a statement from my friend Kristin at CouponingtoDisney. (If you aren’t familiar with her, C2D is one of the biggest coupon blogs out there with over 78,000 Facebook followers! I have seen her promoting this deal many times. So, I feel confident that it is secure and just opened one myself before typing this post.) Thanks, Kristin!
ING Direct is an online bank that has very high interest rates (usually higher than you find at a local bank). I have been a member of ING Direct since 2006. I have never had ANY issues and I love being able to earn a good bit of interest on my money. I easily transfer money between my local checking account and ING and it’s all protected! I wouldn’t be telling you about this deal if I didn’t feel fully confident in this bank.
I also have the Orange Checking account that you are applying for. It is really easy to use. Plus the debit card is very snazzy looking!